AT RENEW, WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE SAFETY OF OUR EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS. OUR PHILOSOPHY IS TO MAINTAIN A "SAFETY FIRST" CULTURE AND RECOGNIZE TEAM MEMBERS FOR SAFETY PERFORMANCE.
We perform all training internally. Our Safety/Technical Training department has 45 years' combined experience in the wind industry and is authorized to perform:
- 10/30 Hour OSHA instruction
- CPR/First Aid/AED, Rough Terrain Forklift instruction through the National Safety Council
- Tower Rescue instruction through SKYLOTEC, Siemens and Capital Safety
- SKYLOTEC rescue equipment repair and inspection
- Workplace safety through the SDSC and SD Department of Labor and Regulation
- Signalman and Rigging
All new RENEW employees complete a weeklong training program upon joining the company and annually thereafter.
RENEW administers safety training for customers and contractors, whatever their needs may be!
All RENEW technicians are certified in:
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Training
- GWO Tower Rescue/Emergency Descent
- Fall Protection/PPE
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Accident Prevention, Reporting & Investigation
- Confined Space
- Qualified Signal Person and Qualified Rigger-Level 1
- Advanced Rigging-Level 2
- Lock Out & Tag Out
- Arc Flash/High Voltage Training
- Extreme Weather Conditions
- Electrical Safety
- NFPA 70E
- General Forklift/Rough Terrain Forklift
- Hazard Communication
- Respiratory Protection
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Abilene, Texas
- Several mock emergency drills are held each year with local responding units in various locations. This provides realistic training for emergency management personnel in these communities, increases operational effectiveness and ensures the best outcome in case of a true emergency.
- RENEW is a proud member of AWEA, IWEA, SDWEA, NFPA, ISNetworld, PICS, ND ECCS and the SDSC.
RENEW's Awards & Recognition for Safety Performance:
- South Dakota Safety Council:
- 2016 - Outstanding Award
- 2015 - Meritorious Award
- 2014 - Meritorious Award
- Heartland Group:
- 2014 - President's Award